Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program replaced the Emergency Broadband Benefit on December 31, 2021. Congress created the Affordable Connectivity Program to replace the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program.
Households enrolled in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program as of 12/31/21 will continue to receive their current monthly benefit during a 60-day transition period. You can learn more about the program transition and steps you may need to take to stay enrolled after March 1st, by visiting fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit
- The maximum monthly benefit will change from $50 per month to $30 per month for households not located on qualifying Tribal lands. The monthly benefit will remain at $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
- Households have new ways to qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program such as: receiving WIC benefits or having an income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Households that qualified for the Emergency Broadband Benefit due to a substantial loss of income as a result of a job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, or by meeting the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s COVID-19 program, will need to requalify for the Affordable Connectivity Program. These households will receive additional details about the steps they need to take from the program administrator (USAC) or their internet service provider, in January 2022, and will be given at least 30 days to respond. They will continue to receive their full Emergency Broadband Benefit until March 1, 2022.
About the Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
The benefit provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines; or
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
More information about actions current Emergency Broadband Benefit recipients will need to take to continue receiving the Affordable Connectivity Program benefit after the transition period will be available in the coming weeks. Please stay tuned for updates. You can learn more about the program transition and steps you may need to take to stay enrolled after March 1st, by visiting fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit
Have questions about the transition from the Emergency Broadband Benefit to the Affordable Connectivity Program? Check out the Emergency Broadband Benefit FAQ for more information.
If you are a current customer and interested in the ACP program, please click here to apply. After you apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and screenshot or email your confirmation number, your qualifying address, your phone number, and the last four of your SSN to us and we will begin the process of enrollment to the ACP. Please send us the exact information that you used to apply with or there will potentially be delays in enrolling you into the program.
If you are not a current customer and thinking of switching your service and are currently utilizing the ACP program with your provider, you can transfer your discount when you transfer your service. Or, if you don’t have a provider and are eligible for the ACP and would like to sign up for our service, you can apply for the ACP program when you become a customer. Please contact the ACP help center for more information at (877) 384-2575.
For FAQ on the ACP, visit: https://www.fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program-consumer-faq
For more information on the Affordable Connectivity Program, please visit: fcc.gov/acp
To Apply for the ACP, please visit: https://acpbenefit.org/
If you need to talk to someone about your eligibility or application status, call the ACP Support Center at (877) 384-2575.